Sunday, February 28, 2016

Day 20

Town day... I only had about 6 miles to hike to get to the road. When I got there I got a hitch with an RV deliverer. His name was Kevin S. Also. His birthday was one week from mine. We were the same age and both had been married and divorced. We were having such a fun time talking that we totally missed the town of Roosevelt. By the time we realize it we were closer to the town of Globe. So I said, just take me in there. When we got there we got some Sonic and chilled for a bit. Then he went back to his delivery. I went looking for an electrical outlet. Found one on the side of a wellsfargo. It was sunday so they were closed and hopefully wouldn't mind me sitting outside. Next I did some shopping figuring the supermarkets here would be better and cheaper then the little town of Roosevelt. I was right. Unfortunately getting back to Roosevelt wasn't easy. A 25 mile hitch that I was only able to get 8 miles worth of ride out of. So I walked the rest of the way back to town on a bum foot. Not fun. Maybe it was my shorts? Luckly I made it into town before the restaurant closed and got to eat a nasty pulled pork sandwich (yum) while watching the Simpsons. When I was done I walked across the street to the back of the Post Office and set up camp. Found a plug outside and plugged in all my electronics overnight. Tomorrow I get to mail some stuff home.

No comments:

Post a Comment