Saturday, March 5, 2016

Day 26

Words can't even begin to discribe the awesomeness that is "Earl" my Trail Angel of all Trail Angels on the AZT. After 200+ miles of walking on worn-out shoes do to 2 different post offices not getting them in time. He offered to ride his motorcycle into the next town and buy me some. I asked if it would be okay for me to just come along with him?  He agreed.. So thats what happened. . I hopped on the back of his bike in my short shorts and we were on our way to Payson from Pine. He wasn't going to let me hike another 113miles to Flagstaff with the clunkers I had. I've never gotten a hitch on the back of a motorcycle and I don't think I want to hitch any other way from now on. Not only did he take me to Walmart but he brought me back. People like him are the reason way I love to hike so much. I let him know that, us hikers call people like him "Trail Angels" and what he did was "Trail Magic"   A great hand shake and bye bye. I headed back into the restaurant to the cheers of the staff.. Thank You.. Thank You.. Thank You.. Earl. You are truly one in a Billion.

No comments:

Post a Comment