Monday, March 7, 2016

Day 28

A 38 mile day today after last nights snowy hale ball storm. The temperature was about 5 degrees cooler then perfect hiking conditions. When the air is cool though, your breaks are shorter and miles get longer. I started at 8am and didn't stop for a break until 4pm. 8hrs straight. I was in an insane zone. When I finally sat down for my late lunch/early dinner of a Peanut filled Pita, Bologna and Cheese Sandwich. I checked what I had just hiked and found out I just hiked 28 miles straight. My body just didn't feel like stopping. I only was there for 30 mins and started hiking again by 4:30p. I continued till a 1/4 to 8. Getting me another 10 miles before it was time to set up my pine needle bed. Im now less then 40 miles from Flagstaff and can't wait to go gear shopping. I don't plan to get there tomorrow but I do plan to get there nice and early the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment