Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Day 34

Woke up today with frost on everything.. I'm glad I slept with my Sawyer last night.. Brushed my teeth and hiked at a leisurely pace today because I was planning on camping in the Grand View Watch Tower.. I had a ton of fun digging holes for other peoples toilet paper left all over the trail..  Just before the watch tower I got to see 2 huge Elk just getting their antlers in.. I climbed the stairs to the top of the tower to get my first good view of the Grand Canyon.. Unfortunately the view box was locked and it was way to windy right under it to even consider camping there.. So instead of camping up top, I learned a bunch about the Dwarf Mistletoe attacking all the Ponderosa Pine Trees in the area.. There was an empty flagpole just below the watch tower, so I couldn't resist raising my Cali flag.. Then I hiked on and sat under one of the heathy ponderosas for a late lunch.. Continuing after my food I was just strolling nice and slow.. I didn't want to get into town tonight because it's sunday and my reason for town is the post office.. So about 6 miles from Tusayan I found a great spot to layout my bedroll.. This time with wind cover.. I made a bushy pad of pine needles for a mattress under me.. I don't plan to be cold again tonight.. In the morning I will head into town and get myself some breakfast before the PO. I want to give them as much time as I can to make sure my packages get in.. Fingers crossed that Zpacks sent me my replacement pack in time and that Amazon prime was able to get me my new Anchor Powerpack.. I truly hate having to deal with the post office but unfortunately it's a necessary evil..

No comments:

Post a Comment