Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Day 30

Into Flagstaff and then right back out. Only not by foot. By Uber straight to Sedona to meet some hiker trash. My buddy Shepherd and his Verde River Rafting crew. When I got to town I went straight to the Macdonalds with teal arches. The only Macdonalds in America without Golden Arches. Then to the Karma Cafe to wait for my next ride that Shepherd hooked me up with. Unfortunately the Karma Cafe was closed but it was ment to be. Because it got me looking around for somewhere else to chill. In that parking lot there was a Hiking and Running shoe store. I was able to get some real trail shoes of my typical brand Socony. They are bad/slow with their mailing but good with its shoes. Plus you can find good deals with them. So bow the rest of trail I will have grip again. Thank you walmart shoes for getting me here. From the shoe store I went and got some subways where I charged and waited for my scheduled ride. A hiker named Nightshift came in and gave me a big'ol hug.. and called me hiker trash. He brouggt me outside to the van being driven by Carrot Quinn. (If you don't who CQ is then I recommend you check out her great blogs carrotquinn.com ) she also will be on the Hayduke Trail this year. I felt amongst family immediately. With a shower and some cloths being washed I was refreshed and ready for anything. good thing because thats when the Shepherd showed up with some of his old Airforce buddys. What a great vortex. Off to pizza after some hugs and stories. Mmm mmm pizza.. from there it was a short drive into the stars and a dirt road campsite for the night. There is no moon right now so being out of the trees and with the stars was breath taking. Up past 3am shooting the shit.. just the ticket after weeks of solo hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment